We’re Here to Help with Your Heating and Cooling Needs
Furnace or air conditioner problems can affect the comfort of your home. Whether your system isn’t working right, it’s time for an upgrade, you need a brand-new unit installed, or the unit needs a routine checkup, hire a professional to get the job done. At Nuckols Heating & Cooling, our Richmond HVAC technicians can take care of whatever problems you’re experiencing with your heating or cooling unit.
Our Services Include:
- Air Conditioning Repair & Installation
- Heating Repair & Installation
- Heat Pump Repair & Installation
- Indoor Air Quality Services
- Preventive Maintenance Services
Our team has 30 years of industry experience, and we stand proudly behind our work. Before getting started on your project, we’ll thoroughly assess the situation, identify the cause of the issue, and discuss possible solutions. We work safely and quickly, maintaining open and honest communication throughout the job. A family-run business, we treat our customers like one of our own.
Our Richmond plumbing specialists offer all the services you need to keep your plumbing equipment operating at optimal levels all year long. Whether you require leak detection, maintenance, or repair, our expert technicians are equipped to provide the best solutions. We are also available 24/7 for plumbing emergencies. When you rely on Nuckols Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we’ll show up on time, treat you with respect, and leave your home in pristine condition. Our work is built to stand the test of time and backed by comprehensive warranties, which means that you have nothing to worry about.
What it takes to restore the comfort of your home will depend on the issue with your HVAC system. The problem may be something that needs to be repaired.
Your unit may need to be fixed if:
- There’s an unexplained increase in your energy bill. A poorly functioning machine must work overtime to cool or heat your home. That means it needs more power to do its job, equating to higher electricity costs.
- The furnace or AC is making strange noises. Clanks, bangs, rumbles, or any other unusual sounds coming from your system might mean one of the parts has come loose, become damaged, or worn out over time.
- The room isn’t getting to your desired temperature. If you’re constantly fiddling with your thermostat, the device may need to be fixed.
- The unit constantly powers on and off. The system may shut down if it overheats and then starts back up when it cools down. It should not be doing that within a short period – starting, stopping, and starting again.
- The temperature is uneven in different parts of your home. There may be a problem with your system’s ductwork if certain rooms are cooling down or heating up but others are not.
“What more could one ask for!”Terry M.
In some cases, a simple repair won’t get the job done. Your system may need to be replaced entirely.
You might need a new unit installed if:
- The furnace or air conditioner is old. A heating or cooling unit may last up to 20 or 25 years. If you have an older unit, it may be time to upgrade to a more efficient model.
- The unit frequently needs to be repaired. Constantly having the same issue or many different problems with your heating or cooling system may suggest that the machine is seriously damaged, and it would be more practical to get a new one.
- The system is not heating or cooling your home at all. HVAC systems are supposed to heat your home or cool it down. If yours isn’t doing either, consider getting a replacement.
At Nuckols Heating & Cooling, our Richmond HVAC technicians can determine what’s making your system act up and what needs to be done to get it fixed. We’ll review your options and help find a cost-effective and lasting solution for you.
Additionally, we offer maintenance services to ensure that your system is functioning right all year long. Our technicians will check filters, lines, and other components, helping prevent costly repairs in the future.
Understanding Efficiency Ratings
AFUE, SEER, and HSPF are acronyms that stand for important measures of efficiency when it comes to heating, cooling and refrigeration systems.
- AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, which is a measure of furnace efficiency.
- SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and measures the efficiency of air conditioners and the cooling side of heat pumps.
- HSPF stands for Heating Seasonal Performance Factor, which assesses how efficient a heat pump system is over its heating season of operation.
Knowing these three ratings is important knowledge for any homeowner looking to invest in new heating or cooling systems. The higher the number, the greater the efficiency.
Contact Us Today
Our comprehensive HVAC services in Richmond include repair, maintenance, and installation. We are here to keep your heating and cooling system in top-notch condition and increase your indoor air quality. Our team is committed to going superior work, and we take care when completing a project. Whatever your system needs, we’ve got you covered.
Turn to a team you can trust. Call Nuckols Heating & Cooling or submit an online contact form to book an appointment.